Dear Megan Community,
I used Megan 6 community edition on windows to import RDP assignment detail result.
In general it worked well. There is a small problem I encountered regarding the naming of a few taxonomic level.
For example this particular read, the RDP assignment detail result is as follow:
However, when I import the file as rma6 file somehow the naming stopped at Class level and not followed by the family and genus names. Making the Genus not detected in the final result. Please see the attached image.
A few notes:
I tried MEGAN 5 with the same file, I did not have such problem
I tried importing other blastn result file (not RDP assignment detail) with MEGAN6 I also saw no problem on this.
This is only the case for a few classes, not all of bacteria classes. Most classes go all the way to Genus
I look forward to your response