Dear MEGAN community,
I’ve encountered a bug with sorting samples:
When I compare some RMA6 files on my desktop, and sort them by ascending order (sample name) in the sample viewer windows, everything works fine:
Fig. 1 PRE-SORTED
Fig. 2 POST-SORTED
However, when I save the file, reopen it and try to sort samples again using the sample viewer windows, it seems to mix the samples up randomly, both taxonomically and number of reads:
Fig. 3 Saved .megan file, PRE-SORTED (Looks fine)
Fig. 4 Saved .megan file, POST-SORTED (using sample viewer by descending order)
I checked to see if it was to do with using ascending / descending order by just moving one sample up in the sample viewer (SPYNEW2014nr):
Fig. 5 Saved .megan file, POST-SORTED (moving SPYNEW2014nr up one)
Comparing figures 3 and 5, It seems to only affect samples that have been moved.
Edit: I’ve tested this on MEGAN 6.8.13, 6.8.20, and 6.9.0, all seem to have this bug.